I want to move out of Florida. Will this affect my ability to retain custody?

If the children are Florida residents and the other parent objects, the Courts will want to see that the children’s best interests are served. Generally, the Court will weigh their ability to spend time with both parents against the needs of the parents to live where they can earn a living or get assistance from relatives.

Even if you are staying in Florida, if you want to move with your child or children more than 50 miles away from your primary residence, you must get a written agreement from the other parent. You also have should obtain a court order allowing the relocation.

Comments are closed.