Can I change my child’s last name?

A parent who wants to change a child’s last name must file a petition with the court and serve the other parent with the petition by service of process. If the other parent objects, then there will be a court hearing. The court will order a name change upon a showing that it is in the best interests of the child.

Comments are closed.